Can't Download Quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I was having an issue with Quicktime yesterday, I noticed it when it wasn't playing any videos from apple trailers.

So, I went to redownload it from the apple website, but during the process, it said that I already have it on my desktop.

After deleting Quicktime, I'm trying to redownload it, and it's still giving me this error.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you did actually delete QuickTime X, the only way to bring it back properly is to reinstall Snow Leopard...
    If things are still broken afterward, you may want to take a look at the contents of /Library/QuickTime, and seeing what non-Apple codecs you have loaded in there. Dragging select items to the Desktop and restarting the Mac will refresh the plug-ins in use and allow you to determine if one of those plug-ins was causing your issue with video playback.

3. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I believe that you can install quicktime 7 using the install disk and then update it online. Don't quote me on that though.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You're right about that, instructions here.

5. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, I'm trying to watch a trailer from Apple Movie Trailers, but I keep getting this error.

Also, when looking in the Library section, I don't see a quicktime, but I am curious as to why my Stickies, looks like the way it is.

Also, I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.6, and if I do have to reinstall it, will I lose any of my music/movie/photo/app content?

Finally, something completely out of topic, but it feels that my iMac is somewhat a bit slower then what it was a few months ago when I first bought it. Is there a way to find out why it's moving this slow? And, is there a way to find out how old your iMac is? Like, the exact date that you bought it? I don't think I have my receipt anymore, it's been well over 6 months...

Attached Files:

6. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have two disks with me:

iMac: Applications Install DVD
    &
    iMac: Mac OS X Install DVD

^Are any of these helpful for me in my situation?