Can't download Rosetta

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cyclopaedia, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cyclopaedia macrumors newbie

I managed to download and install SleepisDeath but I can't open the game because I haven't got Rosetta. Every time I try it comes up with this message:

"To open SleepIsDeath, you need to install Rosetta.
    To install Rosetta, connect to the Internet and open SleepIsDeath. If you cannot connect to the Internet, insert your Mac OS X installation disc, open the Optional Installs folder, and double-click Optional Installs."

Trouble is, I am connected to the Internet and every other program seems perfectly capable of recognising this, and because I bought my Macbook complete with SnowLeopard already installed, no installation disc was included.

I'm out of ideas and I really want to play the game so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. cyclopaedia thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd really rather not have to pay for a disc when I already have SnowLeopard.

I'm hoping there's a way for it to just recognise my internet connection, since that seems to be the main issue.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you legitimately bought a Mac with snow leopard installed, Apple will replace the disk for you. It's not a bright idea to buy a computer without the disks.