cant download torrents

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SadisticSaint, Mar 7, 2011.

1. SadisticSaint macrumors newbie

some how my mom has managed to block downloading torrents on my computer, i thought it was the internet but i just tried on another network and still it does not work. does anyone know what she could of done to prevent downloading torrents. i've looked all over my computer for programs that could have been downloaded to prevent it, and cant find any. iv looked all over the internet for an awnser and couldnt find an awnser that wasent riddled with computer jargon that i dont understand. can anyone help me?

regular downoads like random porgrams and such still work, its just torrents that dont.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Talk this over with your Mom! It just looks like she doesn't want to be sued when eventually court cases will find almost every file sharing site around. History backs me up with this statement. :eek:

3. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No one here will or should help you circumvent anything your mom did to protect her computer. Torrents aren't inherently bad, but if she had reason to believe you were downloading something illegally via torrents, she has every right to put a stop to it.

jW

5. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Sounds like your mom did a good thing. I'm not going to undermine your mom. You can talk to her about it and maybe she'll explain a lawsuit to you.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm with everyone else, as long as you are still living with your parents respect their rules, and if you have a legitimate need for torrents then talk with your mom about it.