Can't download Windows 7 on Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by veralidaine, Jun 12, 2013.

1. veralidaine macrumors newbie

So I have a Macbook pro retina display and am trying to download Windows 7 (through Parallels). I do not have a CD drive so I am plugging in a LaCie CD drive through the USB port but when I insert the Windows Installation CD nothing shows up, nor can I find any Windows 7 downloads online. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

3. veralidaine thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do either at this point, I was trying to use a CD but when that didn't work I looked for a download and I haven't had luck with either at this point.

4. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Does the Windows 7 CD show up on your Mac desktop when loaded into the drive? If so then you haven't told Parallels to basically grab the CD drive for itself and that's why it doesn't see it.

5. veralidaine thread starter macrumors newbie

So I downloaded windows from the link, but now I can't seem to open it from Parallels. I am not sure which open to pick from this menu or how to open it in Parallels.

Attached Files:

6. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

You don't open a folder within the disc, you let Parallels access the disc as a disc or, if you downloaded an ISO, you configure the ISO as a CD drive in Parallels.

No offense, but I think you need to take a few minutes and learn the basics of Parallels.

7. veralidaine thread starter macrumors newbie

None taken. I did download an ISO and I read the page on the Parallels website about configuring the ISO as a CD drive but it still wants me to pick a file when I click chose image. Either that or I am configuring it incorrectly but I followed the directions on the website.

8. veralidaine thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out, thanks so much for your help :)