Can't drag a network share to Find favourites?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Boomish69, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Boomish69 macrumors 6502

Boomish69

I have a fresh install of Sierra on a new HD in my old 2009 iMac 27" , I used migration but only for computer and network bits, I'm copying he rest manually. Trouble is when I try and drag a network share from my Mac Pro to finder nothing happens, I get no red line, not option to drop it. I can drop a document but not the share.
    So I tried creating an alias of the share then dragging that, still no joy..I then tried ctrl/cmd T and it created a favourite but the share has no name just a ?..
    I've searched for the past 2 hours for a solution and found many with similar problem but no solution, has anyone any ideas please?

I did trash the shared preference & reboot but same problem..

Appreciate any help this is driving me crazy..

2. stooovie macrumors 6502a

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is Finder>Preferences>General>Show these items on the desktop:>Connected Servers checked?

4. Boomish69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Boomish69

I'm trying to add a shared network drive to favourites, from what i gather this is no longer possible with Sierra without a bit of a work around.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017 ---
    Thanks for the reply Brian, yes I have the connected servers checked, I can access my Mac Pro & it's drives but I don't want to keep having to navigate this way, before I had a few network drives in my favourites sidebar, really handy as I swap stuff from my studio to my office all the time. But my Mac pro might have several different external drives attached. Found lots with the same problem on google search but never found a solution, I even spoke to Apple but they didn't know either.

5. stooovie macrumors 6502a

I do have a network share in Favorites section of the sidebar and I've created it in Sierra. Weird because I haven't been able to do that BEFORE Sierra (the alias would disappear when disconnected). Mine is mounted with SMB, isn't yours AFP?