Can't drag/add internet images into iPhoto...?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kikers05, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kikers05 macrumors newbie

Hi there! So I just bought a 27" iMac and when I browse the internet, I cannot add images to my iPhoto by dragging them. I have had a MacBook Pro for a long time and I was always able to drag internet images into my iPhoto where they would immediately import. Also, on my laptop I am able to right-click on an image and choose 'add image to iPhoto library'. This isn't an option on my iMac.

Is there a reason I can't do either thing (dragging in & right-click 'add image to iPhoto') on my new iMac desktop?

The only option I have figured out is right-click and saving the images to the desktop which is very annoying.

As a creative designer I used this feature often for patterns, textures, backgrounds, etc. so it is really inconvenient that I cannot do it on my larger/bigger/better/newer computer!

Thank you for your help :)

2. whoda macrumors member

whoda

I just tried and cannot drag web photos in either. However, I do have the "Add Image to iPhoto Library" option with the right click.
    I never tried to drag them in before, and always saved them then imported. Never noticed the direct add image in the context menu.
    I just keep learning. Now if I could just remember it all! :)