Cant drag and drop from one Mac to another Macs shared folder?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by TwitchOSX, Feb 15, 2012.

1. TwitchOSX macrumors 6502

I have a G5 and a Mac Pro. The G5 has a bunch of shared folders on it so I can access some of the stuff from that computer on the Mac Pro.

Problem is, if I open the finder on the Mac Pro, go to the SHARED section and click on the G5, I see the shared folders. But I can't drag something from the Mac Pros desktop into any of those folders. I get a white circle with a slash through it under the icon I'm trying to drag to the G5. All those shared folders have Read & Write permissions for the admin, the wheel and everyone. Why can't I move files to those shared folders? Do I have to do something on the Mac Pro?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And those folders show as being shared in System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing? If so, click the Options button. What do you have checked there?

Mac 101: File Sharing

3. TwitchOSX thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes they do. Under options for one of the folders, "Share files and folders using AFP" is selected. Say s"Number of users connected" 1

Then below, in the window On is checked for the first account and the second one "Test" is unchecked.