Can't drag folders into the finder toolbar anymore?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by farron, Oct 25, 2013.

1. farron macrumors newbie

So in Lion I had a couple folders as shortcuts in the toolbar in the finder window, which was extremely timesaving, but I accidentally deleted them and now I can't put them back. I remember all I did before was just drag a particular folder up to the toolbar and the plus sign would appear and you'd just put it there but now it refuses to do that so I'm not sure why. Is it just me or is it mavericks??

2. TualatriX macrumors newbie

TualatriX

Toolbar?

I'm not sure if you mean the "Sidebar", actually you can drag folder to sidebar and Mavericks will accept it as the old version.

3. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

nope, he means the toolbar just like he said. and yes you are right, you cannot drag folders into the toolbar anymore. why they have removed functionality like this that doesnt hinder anything is beyond me.

4. beartoe macrumors newbie

Actually you can still drag files/folders into the toolbar in Mavericks (yay!)

Hold down the Command-key during the drag.

5. xspicer89x macrumors member

wow had no idea about this. Works perfectly if your toolbar isn't already cluttered :D
    thx for the tip

6. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Awesome!! Thanks for posting!!

7. killwilly macrumors newbie

Thanks from me too.:)

8. Bibianagf macrumors newbie

Great tip - Thanks

I was having the same problem with the toolbar and I was customizing it but it didn't work and then I hold the command key and perfect. Thanks :)