Can't drag music from my library...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pokinatchapunx, Nov 30, 2011.

1. pokinatchapunx macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new here so please bear with me! My computer recently died so I had to get a new one, I basically lost everything on the old one (including all my music files) and have started from scratch. So I've installed iTunes again on the new computer but now I can't seem to put any new music on my iPhone 4!
    I can upload music into my iTunes library without any trouble but I can't drag it over onto my iPhone - when I try to I get the little red circle symbol with a line through it and it says my iPhone is already registered to a different iTunes library (I'm assuming, the one on my old computer, which no longer exists!). I tried ticking the box to allow me to manually manage my music, but I got a prompt saying if i do this I will lose all of the music on my iPhone and it will be replaced with the music in my iTunes library (which is only half a dozen new songs - the majority of my music is on my iPhone!).
    I'm kind of scared to do anything (like restore the settings) because I don't want to lose all of the songs on my iPhone as I don't have them backed up anywhere... Any ideas?? Any help much appreciated!!

2. BFG86 macrumors 6502