cant drag photos to desktop

Discussion in 'iMac' started by photogpab, Feb 5, 2012.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

kind of a random question here... i used to be able to drag photos from a website onto my desktop, instead of having to right click & save.

and now... its randomly stopped working. i click the photo, drag, but it wont drop on the desktop. it wont drop to a folder... nothin

weird

2. simsaladimbamba

With what Mac OS X version and with what browser (including) version does this happen?
    Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

3. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

LION - Google Chrome 16.0.912.77 - havent tried it with another user account. i guess i could create one and try. its just so random that it suddenly happened.

----------

just tried Safari - same issue. cant drag and drop

4. Lanarae macrumors member

I use the Yoink App from the Apple App Store for dragging pictures to my desktop. It makes dragging pictures or whatever to the desktop so much easier.

5. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

so no one knows why this has happened? i just cant drag photos to my desktop anymore...

i also cant drag songs from itunes to the desktop anymore... among other things...

its very weird.

6. simsaladimbamba

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

7. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

let me try

----------

so strange... created a second user, and it worked fine there... logged back in as myself, and its working again. bizarre

8. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm having the same problems; I don't know when it happened or how it happened. It worked one minute, and then it immediately stopped. It's not site specific, either. It happens with images here (wallpaper thread) and it happens on other sites, too.

I'm running 10.7.3 with Safari 5.1.3 and all extensions updated.

I can't drop to the desktop folder or to a Dropbox folder; it's really irritating.

9. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

10. readytorun macrumors newbie

I cant either. Lion sucks. I cant use wiretap pro or snapz x, the system always needs restarting. I'm using a 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo. 10.7.3
    i have the disc, where do i go to reinstall snow leopard? will i just end up upgrading down the line anyway..?

11. Soundguyrob macrumors newbie

Soundguyrob

I know this thread is a little old, google found it for me. I receive invoices attached toenails from vendors. I drag them to my desktop to attach the pack slip, then save them on my server. Stopped letting me drag about an hour ago. Even if I save the doc to my downloads folder (Desktop) doesn't work.

I ran Disk Utility/verify/repair permissions. Still nothing. I guess I'll try and log in to my guest account jus in case.
    No one found a fix for this?
    Thanks, rob

12. Fuith macrumors member

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

Check your trackpad settings, you may have 3 finder drag unchecked.