Can't Drop Music on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rolsskk, Nov 28, 2014.

1. rolsskk macrumors 6502

I'm trying to add some mixes from music festivals that I have, and they of course won't be uploaded to iTunes match due to them having a large file size, not a problem for me. What I do have a problem with, is the fact that iTunes refuses to let me add any of the tracks with the message stating:
    Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone because iTunes Match is enabled on this iPhone

Is there a way around this without disabling iTunes Match, or is this just another "feature" of iTunes?

iPhone 6/iOS8.1

2. rigormortis, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the second or latest version of vlc media player got pulled i think

using a different media player and using itunes to sync the files as documents to those apps is the only thing i can think of

the latest vlc even had wifi upload so u can put stuff there without itunes
    it was really swell
    none of my videos i encoded myself had working audio tracks though

i tried to airdrop a mp3 file to my iPad but it won't accept it, because match is on or mp3s are not allowed

one possible solution: email yourself the mp3s and they will play on the iPad . i don't see an option for saving
    them

solution 2 : encode them as a video file. you can sync video files and even airdrop video files. add a blank screen or something.