Can't edit contacts on my S4

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jimbo1mcm, Jun 20, 2013.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I hope I have missed a setting somewhere, but I can't edit contacts on my S4, either with an original contact, started and placed on the device, or a contact transferred from another device during the contact transfer when buying the phone. I have another S4 that I can edit contacts on so I am at a loss as to why I can't with this one.When I press settings and edit, nothing happens, nor does pressing the edit tab at the tab. Thanks for the help.

2. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Where are your Contacts stored?
    S4 contacts can come and be stored from different locations: Device, SIM card, imported from a Mail account, etc.

3. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

I am not sure how to find out where the contacts are stored. I believe they are on the device. I did import them from my micro sd card. Also, when I originate a contact on my device, and save it, then open it, I still can't edit it.

4. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Have you tried editing your contacts on Google and then syncing your device? I hardly ever keep contacts on sim or phone storage, everything follows me from device to device in the clouds

5. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Update: FIXED!!!! I must have had a corrupt editor. I downloaded Contact Editor Pro by Marten Gajda and installed it. I now have complete control over the contacts and can edit them using the normal tabs in the contact. Thank you so much app developer!!!

6. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

When you open up the contact in the stock contact app, then press the <Menu> button and press <Edit>, what happens then?

7. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

When I hit menu, then edit, nothing happened. It was like they were read only, but after I put in the new contact editor, they reacted normally. Weird.