Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaBMW3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Central Cali
Hey guys...

I've been trying to figure this one out but can't :(

I have some mp3's in iTunes which I cannot edit any information (see picture for what it looks like, I can't click in any areas), so I converted to mp3 and the new file works dandy...but when I try to delete the old file through iTunes, and move it to trash, it doesn't move??? I tried to delete it from finder going to the location of it and it still won't delete.

A couple of notes:
1. I've tried unlocking it under get info in finder
2. It always ask for administrator password to delete it from finder and when I enter it, it still doesn't move it to trash
3. I have over 30GB of songs, and there are only 198 of them like this??? Any help will be appreciated...

Picture1.png

WannaBMW3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Central Cali
Hey guys...

I've been trying to figure this one out but can't :(

I have some mp3's in iTunes which I cannot edit any information (see picture for what it looks like, I can't click in any areas), so I converted to mp3 and the new file works dandy...but when I try to delete the old file through iTunes, and move it to trash, it doesn't move??? I tried to delete it from finder going to the location of it and it still won't delete.

A couple of notes:
1. I've tried unlocking it under get info in finder
2. It always ask for administrator password to delete it from finder and when I enter it, it still doesn't move it to trash
3. I have over 30GB of songs, and there are only 198 of them like this??? Any help will be appreciated...

Picture1.png

Ok...just figured it out...

The files were not locked, it was the folder that was locked. In case anyone else has this problem, go to finder, get info on whatever folder you need, and unlock...and make sure the permission is read and write...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.