Can't Edit "On The Go" Playlist

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eleny, Dec 8, 2009.

1. eleny macrumors newbie

This is my first ipod and I'm learning from the online manual. iTouch 64GB with all up to date software.

I downloaded some radio plays from iTunes and synced all to my Windows pc last night. Today I discovered that two of the stories landed in "On The Go2" playlist. One of the stories even appears to have repeated there about 8 times.

I tap -->Playlist-->On The Go2. Then there's supposed to be an Edit feature to tap so I can delete from the list or delete the entire On The Go playlist - but it's not there.

Can anyone help? I'm a total novice to all this but am loving this iPod.

2. mzd macrumors 6502a

the iPod touch only allows you to create/edit one On The Go playlist at a time. once you create one, the next time you sync, it will be saved as On The Go 1 (or 2, etc). That is now just a normal iTunes playlist that you have to edit in iTunes. You can create a new On The Go playlist on your iPod, but only one at a time.
    hope that makes sense. i really miss being able to create mulitple On The Go playlists like you can on all other iPods. :(

3. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, mzd!

Although I did sync earlier today, I went back into iTunes and synced them again. Then, when I went back to the On The Go Playlists, I could get to the Edit screen. I deleted all the radio plays from the OTG2 playlist and that playlist then was gone.