Cant eject a statup disk as wont install ox 10.5 on Imac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stump201, Nov 29, 2008.

1. stump201 macrumors newbie

Hi Can anyone help please - just wiped a two year old intel duo Imac and tried to install osx10.5.5 - get error message (this software cannot be installed on this computer) I think the Imac may be to old for Leopard but as a result i cant get the install disk out.

Have tried keyboard and all option/ command options but as there is no system software on the Imac they wont work. no eject hole either, restart options only give me Install cd and network, (dont have a network) so completely stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Stump201

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

That iMac is NOT too old for Leopard. (I've got a CD with Leopard on it)

Did you by chance use the OEM disk that came with ANOTHER iMac? (you can't do that, FYI)

To Eject the CD - hold down the click button on the mouse while rebooting.

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Did you try holding down the mouse button on start up? That should eject the disc.

Anyway are you sure you are using the retail discs of leopard and not the discs that came with another mac? Because they won't let you install the system on a different computer than the one they came with.

Big-TDI-Guy was faster!

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

A question for Big-TDI-Guy and misterredman- did the System Restore disks that came with the latest revs of the MB and MBP come with 10.5.5 do you know? That would be a dead giveaway that it was another machine's System Restore disks if they did, as I don't believe any previous machines shipped with that late of a revision, and all the retail installer disks I have seen are only up to 10.5.4. Just trying to straighten this out in my head! ;)

So, to the OP- was this Installer disk from another Mac and if so, which one?

5. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

I recall reading somewhere that the late 2008 macbooks came with 10.5.5 installed, although it was a different build than the one available through software update (probably due to different drivers). Of course we still need a confirmation that the 10.5.5 was not available on discs as a retail version.