Resolved Can't Empty Trash (2 Invisible Files)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by modit, Sep 28, 2011.

1. modit, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

modit macrumors 6502

Every time I try to empty my trashcan (note: nothing is there except 2 files being mentioned that I can't see), it gives me about 5 pop-ups saying the following...

• The operation can’t be completed because the item “prl_disp_service.socket” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “ParallelsDispatcherService” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “prl_naptd” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “prl_disp_service” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “libQtXmlPrl.4.dylib” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “libQtNetworkPrl.4.dylib” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “libQtGuiPrl.4.dylib” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “libQtCorePrl.4.dylib” is in use.
    • The operation can’t be completed because the item “libprl_sdk.dylib” is in use.

I followed this MacRumors Guide by GGJstudios to empty EVERY file related to Parallels 6.

Any ideas to get my trash can to normal? :(

Thanks.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You know, if you leave candy in the trash it attracts ants and the like.

Can really muck up your system.

3. modit, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

modit thread starter macrumors 6502

At least your signature is honest XD

UPDATE: Well what do you know...a simple shutdown cleared this issue up!

Yay! :)

4. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

This is an issue in Lion. I run across it quite frequently when installing or opening up a file, then trying to delete it. A fresh re-boot usually clears the issue.