Can't Enable iPhone calling through Yosemite

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TigerMe, Jul 27, 2014.

1. TigerMe macrumors member

I've got continuity working (thank you for the thread on this) but cannot get phone calling with/through my mac to work.

I've gone into FaceTime settings in yosemite and i see the option to enable iPhone calling but whenever I click on the checkbox it tells me that FaceTime and iCloud need to be signed into the same account. They are. I've tried the .me, .icloud variations of the account nothing works. I always get that error popup and the box stays unchecked.

Any ideas?

2. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Did you check that the accounts are the same on your iPhone?

3. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I had the same issue. I signed out of everything. iCloud and FaceTime on phone and computer. then signed back in. and it worked.

4. DarkCole macrumors regular

DarkCole

Someone else had the same question on another thread, this is what I did to fix the problem.

Go to your Mac and check the iCloud login information.
    Go to your iDevice and check the iCloud login information.

It has to be the same email, regardless if its the same iCloud account.

I logged out of iCloud on both my Mac and iPhone. Logged in on both with the SAME email and then it finally enabled. It may take a minute for it go through the servers. Just make sure everything is the same.

Hope that helps!

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Also, you have to make sure that iPhone calling is enabled in FaceTime preferences on your Mac.

6. TigerMe thread starter macrumors member

The problem is the error message in FaceTime preferences saying that the accounts have to be the same and they are - exactly the same.

7. DarkCole macrumors regular

DarkCole

Are they the same email though?

8. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I have the same issue.

And yes using same email :(

9. sethlution macrumors regular

I figured out a workaround, though it's not working 100% percent of the time. You must go to bluetooth setting pane in system reference and pair/repair your Mac and iPhone via bluetooth. After this the call should go through. It will stop working eventually though, but I managed to reactivate it twice using the above method. Hope this help.

*Macbook Pro 2012 running public beta/iPhone 5S DP 4

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did anyone read my post about checking in Facetime preferences on your mac if "iPhone calls" is enabled? That was the reason it wasn't working for me and now it works fine :)

11. maclode macrumors newbie

Can make calls from Mac but cannot receive Calls on my Mac

Guys, please help , i tried everything , logging in and out / activate deactivate accounts , selecting all emails associated with iCloud , and yet all i can do is calling from my Mac (Working great) but whenever i receive a call on my iPhone , it does not divert to the Mac.

12. ivaren macrumors newbie

I can call from Yosemite using DP6 and IOS 8. However, when I make a call, I hear awfull "crackling" sounds from my mac. Anyone else?

13. phphreak macrumors member

make sure that you activate it from within the facetime app on the iphone. That was where I went wrong and had to fix it.

14. maclode macrumors newbie

The thing is , that it was working till DP4 , once in install DP5 the problem appears.

15. phphreak macrumors member

I'm not even sure which DP version I'm on. Any way for me to find out?

16. tumberry macrumors newbie

Smart apple

I just noticed that for this option to work, this option should be both enabled on the iMac and iPhone on the FaceTime settings.

However, i enabled the FaceTime on iMac, but couldn't enable it on the iPhone, as my iPhone is purchased from U.A.E, which has blocked FaceTime, and due to this i cannot find FaceTime in my settings !.

What a day !!

Great dependency for such a service to work !

Attached Files:

17. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

At first, no, but the last time I made a call, yes. I tried moving the phone farther away, then closer and it seemed to make no difference.