Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Hi,

At best of times i've found iTunes wifi sync a bit hit and miss, but since getting my iPhone X i can't make it happen at all.

The correct setting is ticked in iTunes. I've checked it/unchecked it, but when looking in the wifi sync settings on the actual iPhone it tells me to 'enable wifi syncing connect to iTunes and click sync with this iPhone over wifi', but that setting is already checked.

Anyone know how to get this working?

(Have done reboots etc)

Attachments

• IMG_0478.PNG
    IMG_0478.PNG
    320.7 KB · Views: 402

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Did you actually have your phone connected to iTunes while turning on WiFi sync within iTunes?

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Did you actually have your phone connected to iTunes while turning on WiFi sync within iTunes?

Yes, by cable. Ticked the option to connect over wifi in iTunes whilst connected by cable (then unticked it and synced, then re ticked it and synced-nothing).

On my iPhone X, in general settings-where you can trigger wifi sync, it asks me to enable it within iTunes, which I've done, then undone, then redone. I've restarted everything etc...it won't happen from the iPhones end.

Curiously, if i initiate the sync (whilst iPhone is not connected to iMac by cable)-it works-it syncs over wifi. If i initiate it from iPhone (either through settings or just attaching it to a charger-it won't).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.