Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I had to change my Apple password because someone in China was trying to sign in. When I open the Home app, it tells me new password needs to be entered for my HomePods. The problem is that when I tap where it says to enter the password, it just goes away and doesn’t let me type anything. Anyone know how to do this?

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpeg
    IMG_4006.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 38

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I have the exact same issue with one of my HomePod mini, not been able to resolve it yet!

Curious, is one of your iDevice running on OS17? My iPhone is on iOS17 public beta which is asking for the HomePod password whereas my iPad is still on iPadOS16 and it is not asking for a password. Noticed this a couple of weeks ago but fobbed it off because of I assumed it to be cause by the operation system misalignment and thought it would resolve itself eventually.

May be one for Apple Support?

Last edited:

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I have the exact same issue with one of my HomePod mini, not been able to resolve it yet!

Curious, is one of your iDevice running on OS17? My iPhone is on iOS17 public beta which is asking for the HomePod password whereas my iPad is still on iPadOS16 and it is not asking for a password. Noticed this a couple of weeks ago but fobbed it off because of I assumed it to be cause by the operation system misalignment and thought it would resolve itself eventually.

May be one for Apple Support?
Yep I'm running 17 beta on everything, although after googling I've seen people with the same issue going back years. There must be a way to reset them to factory defaults and set up again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.