Can't enter Office 2008 product code

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Philsy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Philsy macrumors 6502a

Hi

I'm having a real problem with Office 2008.

After installing an update it said that the product code was not valid (it should be). I deleted the prefs and PID file and tried to open Word. The Set-up Assistant opened and gave me the choice of registering online (the site wouldn't load, but you don't have to do this anyway), then when I clicked Finish, the Auto update ran. Then Word just closed. There was no option to enter the product code.

I then ran the Uninstall program and reinstalled Office from the CD. However, I then ran into exactly the same problem.

Can anyone please help?

thanks

Phil

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Make sure you're entering your product key that's printed on the sleeve that your Office DVD is in. Also, read that product key carefully - the 8 and B look a lot alike, so you might not be entering in the right character.

If you're completely stuck, you can call [url="http://support.microsoft.com/]Microsoft tech support[/url]. With your legal purchase of Office 2008, you get two free calls to tech support, and they'll be able to help you with this kind of issue.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. Philsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The problem I have is that I don't get prompted to enter the product key. It never gets to that stage.

Cheers

Phil