Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I just jailbroke my phone with limera1n but I can't figure out how to use cydia... I search for SBsettings but all I get are these random apps... Also is there an "app" that replaces the app store and I can get games for free? (like installous, which I also can't find...)

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Installous is bad as it pirates apps. Pirating apps or helping other pirate apps is not allowed on these forums.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Sorry I did not realize that it was "pirating" apps... What about SBsettings? I can't figure out how to find it

iUser4Lyfe

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
You should just be able to search of sbSettings without having to add any sources. I found it no problem (be sure to let cydia update when 1st opening it).
As far as Installous you need to add a particular source. Google search for it because we can't help you pirate apps here. (Forum rules not personal choice, I could care less be honest with you)

Edit: Also, sb settings is one of cydia's premier packages. There is a section on the home page of cydia that has all of them and you can download it from there

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
In the bottom right most tab of Cydia search for "sbsettings" you want the first one that has a blue smiley face icon.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
go to the search tab and write it and it should appear as you type, if not you can go to the manage tab then sources then the corresponding source for the app then find the app and download.... Other apps are stored and located in sources that you must input manually, so that then you can then search for specific apps that are not part of the standard sources of cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.