Cant figure out how to use Clippy after update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dauerhippo, Feb 17, 2009.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I updated Clippy in Cydia tonight, and now, I can still select text, but the options to "copy" and "paste" above the secondary keyboard are gone!

I tried reinstalling, but still the same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Hold the .?123 button for 1~2seconds until the popup comes up, this has the new feature Cut, and has Copy, Paste and Stack.
    To copy the entire sms bubbles press the sms bubble you wish to copy for 2 seconds until the popup appears.

And now Clippy works in many more apps.

Example, Call App, in Favourites:
    Hold down a favourites name for 1 second, it will appear with a popup saying Copy and Stack.
    The "Hold Down" feature works with many more applications. Try it out.

3. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much! That works beautifully!!

4. DMoney0023 macrumors member

what exactly is the technique for highlighting?? Sometimes I can highlight, some times it takes 5-6 tries

5. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but this update is sooo annoying. It's everywhere even in the ipod!!!!!

Hopefully they'll fix it, because nobody needs copy and paste in the ipod part

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I do tap, tap draaaaaag. 123, copy.......place cursor, 123, paste.

7. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Still no way to highlight text in Safari right?

8. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

Agreed- it was really getting on my nerves a little while ago when I was going through my mail and it kept popping up asking if I wanted to copy the entire message every other tap. It worked well enough before! Leave well enough alone already!

9. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

in the new update there is a way to copy text from Safari :cool:

All you do is, tap, tap, hold, on the text you want and clippy will then ask you if you want to copy it :cool:

10. Italchef macrumors 6502

I just jailbroke my phone and tried to install Clippy. The only version available to me is .94. When I try to use it, I get the error saying I need upgrade from the Beta etc. I cannot find .95 to upgrade. Does anyone have any insight into this?
    Thanks for your time.

Mick

11. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

WOW this update is very cool. I used hclipboard before this, but now I've switched to clippy. Very slick c/p implementation.

12. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Has anyone noticed when you hold down your finger in Safari the "copy and stack" pops up.

Now try it a second time on the same web page or even a new one and Safari will likely crash for you too.

Is anyone else noticing this too???

13. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Can you select what part of the web page you want to copy? Or does it only select the whole web page?

What does stack do?

14. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

Now this is what I've been waiting for. I think that's a rather clever way to implement it as well

15. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

When you tap it will select the paragraph you tapped on.

theres a new update now tho 95-6 that disables web selection due to causing safari crashing. I havent installed this as id rather deal with a crash now and again than having to write a paragraph twice.

Im used to safari crashing before this so its nothing new :rolleyes:

16. TechJunky macrumors regular

Happens to me too, every time. While copy & pasting from Safari is awesome, I wish it would be taken out of ipod, appstore, etc. I know, I know, its Beta. I do appreciate the hard work.