Can't figure out what case I want!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NewGuyHere, Oct 8, 2012.

1. NewGuyHere macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have been looking so loooong for the case I want to get for my i5 white. First of all I obviously want good protection so I have been looking at Otterboxes. They seem nice, but how should I pick between the defender and commuter?

ANother thing is, I will also want a light weight case that doesn't make the phone really bulky. I was thinking maybe a small bumper or something small like that. If you guys can help me out, I would appreciate it, thanks. Welcome all suggestions, keep the cases under 40 bucks also.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You think you're the only one? There's literally thousands of choices lol.

3. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha, That's so true. BUt when it comes down to the tough cases (otter boxes) it's a tough choice, because both are going to be pretty bulky, but one offers more protection (might be a bit of responsiveness lag) for just a little bit more money.

4. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

lifecase is a good choice for great protection and keeping it slim...not sure if their i5 case is out yet tho

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You mean lifeproof?

6. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

yeah that too lol

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

lol. They're awesome, but add too much bulk for me.

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Don't get an otterbox. Defenders make the phone the size of a brick, and commuters for the 5 aren't as good as for the 4/4S, because they are bulkier than their previous model. The bulkiest I would go for a case would be the speck CandyShell, and it's only 1 mm thicker than my belkin grip candy sheer, which is my preferred case.

----------

I go to UNC. Small world.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The choice is wide. I took a stand after my 4 and now stick to two manufacturers I know and trust.

I buy a cheap case to tide me over until they get tooled up. My case is always a Stilgut Ultraslim leather...great quality, access all ports etc. My stands come from Just- Mobile, and that will be delivered tomorrow.

The Stilgut is a really nice case, understated, high quality and will be available in the UK this week.

Sticking to this policy means I don't wade through them all getting more and more :confused: for choice...:)

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You wouldn't believe how many people on this forum are from the triangle area.

11. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

I don't really need a life proof case, but I am a always on the go student and need some protection sometimes. (don't take that in other context). However, I feel that an otterbox would fit my style, and still have the accessibility and ease of use unlike the defender series. But my question now is for a smaller case when I am just at home or at a friends house when I am just 'chilling'. lol.

12. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

Ok well, I just realized there about 5000000000 of these cases. XD

13. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

I dont think I could stand using a case like that. It's so visually distracting.