Can't figure out what case I want!

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Hey guys, I have been looking so loooong for the case I want to get for my i5 white. First of all I obviously want good protection so I have been looking at Otterboxes. They seem nice, but how should I pick between the defender and commuter?

ANother thing is, I will also want a light weight case that doesn't make the phone really bulky. I was thinking maybe a small bumper or something small like that. If you guys can help me out, I would appreciate it, thanks. Welcome all suggestions, keep the cases under 40 bucks also.

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Hahaha, That's so true. BUt when it comes down to the tough cases (otter boxes) it's a tough choice, because both are going to be pretty bulky, but one offers more protection (might be a bit of responsiveness lag) for just a little bit more money.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Hahaha, That's so true. BUt when it comes down to the tough cases (otter boxes) it's a tough choice, because both are going to be pretty bulky, but one offers more protection (might be a bit of responsiveness lag) for just a little bit more money.
lifecase is a good choice for great protection and keeping it slim...not sure if their i5 case is out yet tho

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
Don't get an otterbox. Defenders make the phone the size of a brick, and commuters for the 5 aren't as good as for the 4/4S, because they are bulkier than their previous model. The bulkiest I would go for a case would be the speck CandyShell, and it's only 1 mm thicker than my belkin grip candy sheer, which is my preferred case.

----------

lol. They're awesome, but add too much bulk for me.
I go to UNC. Small world.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The choice is wide. I took a stand after my 4 and now stick to two manufacturers I know and trust.

I buy a cheap case to tide me over until they get tooled up. My case is always a Stilgut Ultraslim leather...great quality, access all ports etc. My stands come from Just- Mobile, and that will be delivered tomorrow.

The Stilgut is a really nice case, understated, high quality and will be available in the UK this week.

Sticking to this policy means I don't wade through them all getting more and more :confused: for choice...:)

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I don't really need a life proof case, but I am a always on the go student and need some protection sometimes. (don't take that in other context). However, I feel that an otterbox would fit my style, and still have the accessibility and ease of use unlike the defender series. But my question now is for a smaller case when I am just at home or at a friends house when I am just 'chilling'. lol.

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I don't really need a life proof case, but I am a always on the go student and need some protection sometimes. (don't take that in other context). However, I feel that an otterbox would fit my style, and still have the accessibility and ease of use unlike the defender series. But my question now is for a smaller case when I am just at home or at a friends house when I am just 'chilling'. lol.
Ok well, I just realized there about 5000000000 of these cases. XD

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I dont think I could stand using a case like that. It's so visually distracting.