Can't figure out WineBottler???

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SurferMan, May 16, 2010.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Wow, ok this is way more confusing than i thought. People told me to just download winebottler, download your app and it will automatically install and run as a os/x app. But everything I keep finding or doing says I have to do this and that and this etc.

All I want to do is run my metatrader platform for forex, but when i download it and it opens with wine it just hangs on the install and does nothing.

I open up mt4setup.exe , brings me to the wine box and says 1) run directly or 2) convert for bottler . Have no idea what to do with teh second as it brings this weird prefix page up and even with all the info I read on wine site it still makes absolutly no sense what to do. So I just tried running it directly and when its copying the files in the install box, where it says "All Files" it goes full blue till the end but then just hangs and does nothing.

Man.. all I want to do is run MT4, some people said it was simple without running windows. I have no friggen clue how to get this working.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's best to run WB with the defaults and then add to it based on the errors you get. However, some stuff will just not run. If someone said they got it to work ask them what settings they used.