Can't figure some stuff out..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by x5Starsx, Feb 18, 2008.

1. x5Starsx macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Okay so when I first plugged in my iPod my iTunes went through this set up thing, and I didn't understand what it meant by "automatically sync library with iPod" blabla something like that, so I said no. So now instead the music I download or upload goes into my library yes but I have to then drag it onto my iPod and this is driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me find where I can change that setting, but if I have to keep doing one song at a time I will never get anything done.

Also I have no idea how to install icons. :):confused: I have downloaded some but I can't figure it out. Also some of the downloads just come up as a black piece of paper and when I click it it's a bunch of text...?

:apple:

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

You need to sync your iTunes library to your iPod.

Plug in your iPod, and it will appear in the left hand column under 'devices'. Right click it, and hit sync.

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

when your iPod is connected to your computer, in iTunes you'll see your iPod in the left navigation pane..

click on it and the right side of the pane will show your iPod syncing options along with some tabs at the top.

one of the options should be to automatically sync iPod with iTunes (or something like that)

you could also sync selected playlists etc..

at the moment, it sounds like you have "manually manage music" selected, which entails dragging dropping.

you should refer to the apple support pages

as for installing icons.. i have no idea what you mean..

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

or just disable synching in itunes preferences ;)

5. x5Starsx thread starter macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Okay thanks everyone! I think I know how to do that now.

And I have no idea about it either :( Everything I download now turns up like that. It's so weird.

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Do you mean installing applications? You have to click and drag those 'icons' into your applications folder. Once they're there, you can double click them to open them up.

Is that what you meant?

7. x5Starsx thread starter macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Not sure if that would work, but I was told I needed an "unarchiver" and downloaded one and it worked!