Can't figure this one out?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SaleenS351, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

I'm trying to help a friend out. We decided to do a reinstall on her computer. I backed up all her info on my external HD and then reinstalled her OS to factory settings. She is running 10.2(Jaguar..I believe). Problem now is her computer won't recognize my external HD to get her info back. Can anyone help me out here? Not to familiar with 10.2, I would really appreciate it.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

What format is the ext drive ? if it's guid scheme table then there's the problem...(usb boot drive on intel Macs)

If it's HFS+ then it should work.. try several usb or fw ports if possible to narrow down the issue

3. SaleenS351 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure what format. It's a G-drive. It recognized it before I re-formated everything. The computer can see it when I open disk utility but it won't mount. Any ideas?

4. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

I'd recommend she buy Tiger or Leopard and install them and retry. Jaguar has too many limitations now to run anymore.

5. SaleenS351 thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem is, she can't install with a DVD, it has to be a CD format. Any other way?

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Wait, have you or have you not reinstalled the OS? What do you mean by reset to factory?

7. SaleenS351 thread starter macrumors 6502

Have reinstalled the OS. I took her install disks that came with her computer and reinstalled everything back to factory.