iPad can't find a case that I love

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Jul 24, 2013.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I started with the black leather Smart Cover. It's nice, but doesn't really offer much protection. Now I'm using the Logitech Keyboard case, which the keyboard is nice, but if I'm not using the keyboard then I have to take it off. What else should I try?

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

3. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should add this:
    I love the look and feel of the naked iPad, but don't want the aluminum back to get scratched. I also have a toddler who at some point will use it to watch videos and/or play games.
    I could get a folio type case, or just a shell or skin to protect it from scratches...
    I'm typing on the logitech keyboard case now and i like this function, just don't like it for when I don't want the keyboard, you can't just fold it back, you have to take it off....

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Why not consider the BookBook leather case (made by the US company Twelve South) - which is both sturdy, rugged and very attractive in appearance?

This is what I use with my iPad (which also had a Logitech keyboard, both of whoch are covered nicely by the BookBook leather cover).

5. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

6. astoxos macrumors regular

Almost same setup here.
    Ipad 3 inside soft silicone ebay skin for grip and scratches and everything inside the bookbook when i get the ipad out of house.

Ps: I recently upgraded to bookbook V2 which is way slimmer, smaller and lighter and in order to achieve the same setup i removed the leather inside glove by cutting the stiching.
    Result is perfect.

7. Beachhead999 macrumors member

I'm just using a smartcover. I don't think an ipad needs drop protecting like an iPhone. People are over obsessed with cases these days and it takes so much away from the simple design.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

9. ihakim macrumors member

My setup:

For the back:

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechS...qid=1376454560&sr=8-2&keywords=skinomi+ipad+4

The skinomi is great for the back, but the clarity and feel sucks for the actual screen...so I use the one below for the screen:

http://www.amazon.com/amCase-Premiu...54634&sr=8-7&keywords=ipad+4+screen+protector

I also have a smart cover and a logitech ultrathin keyboard which I use interchangeably depending on my usage for the day. I find it's a great way to preserve the original iPad look and feel while offering some basic protection against scratches and (very) minor drops.

10. alen mcgra macrumors newbie

I love the look and feel of the naked iPad, but don't want the aluminum back to get scratched. I also have a toddler who at some point will use it to watch videos and/or play games.

11. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I covered the back of my iPad 4 with clear Contact paper, carefully cutting away openings for the camera and speaker. Works great and offers slightly more grip than the naked aluminum.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I like just having the smart cover and my Timbuk2 Plush sleeve. I couldn't find a case that I like, so for now I like rolling like that.

I have a teeny scratch on the back that I think hit against a zipper or something metal. Its really small.

What I also did was tape the metal pieces on my smart cover.

13. redshadow macrumors member

I just put some dime down on the Portenzo iPad case. Currently using a Snugg, but it's not what I"m looking for in an iPad case, and I'm also looking for something a little less obvious as far as "Hey I'm carrying an iPad!"