Can't find AIRDISK

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stubeeef, Mar 20, 2008.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have my AEBS up and running normally with 7.3.1. I have my 300gb seagate with a usb connection up and running and connected.
    I have 10.5.2 and all updates on my 2.0ghz Core2 iMac.
    I have no "shared" section in my finder window. I have set finder pref to show all items in the sidebar finder>pref>sidebar.
    It shows up as connected to my AEBS with the airport utility. I double click the icon and click on the disks icon in the top menu. It is there. It is not in a shared section of a finder window, and it doesn't show up as available for time machine when looking for a drive to use.

HELP

Attached Files:

2. maxp1 macrumors regular

Maybe you need to format the drive you're using as the airdisk? It looks like there's no partition on it.

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

It was used as a direct external before, and with system 10.5.1. It was formated then, and would show up if I cut it on. It never showed up with time machine, but I thought with the firmware update, that it would.:mad:

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

You're not running a software firewall on your 10.5.2 machine, are you?

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I did originally have the system firewall on, but it is turned off now. I have had it off for over 12 hours now.

6. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

Connect the drive directly to your Mac and run disk utility repair.

Also, if it has a HFS+ case sensitive file system I do not believe the AirPort can use it.

7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

So run disk utility>repair and afterwards to a reformat?

8. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

did a repair and reformat.
    Then while plugged into the iMac I did a TM backup. I have connected it to the AEBS and it now shows up as a shared drive but TM doesn't recognize it as useable to do backups.

Any ideas?