Cant find an installed driver I want to delete

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tc3jg, May 25, 2011.

1. tc3jg macrumors member

Hey all
    as the title says I am attempting to find the driver that was installed with syncmate so that I can use the first software I purchased to sync my windows phone with my mac.
    I deleted all the parts to the app but the one that says "connecting" for the program once the device is connected to the Mac. I have a 27in quad i5 not that I think that would matter lol.

thanks in advance.

2. tc3jg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks sim but when I search in finder "syncmate" I dont get any results ive already deleted the items that have syncmate in their name, I guess. So the last thing standing is this "connect" notification that comes up when I connect my phone.

3. tc3jg thread starter macrumors member

I did find this in activity monitor while the notification was up

[​IMG]
    And when I quit this process the notification went away does this help in finding the file?

sorry for the terrible picture

4. simsaladimbamba

No need to post such a big screenshot, and then resize it afterward, thus we can't read it properly.
    Just use CMD+SHIFT+4, then SPACEBAR to make a screenshot of the NORMAL sized window (the grey area is redundant) of what you want to show us.

How to take screenshots

Doesn't the installer of this syncmate have a proper uninstaller or instructions in its manual or the official support site on how to remove that *****.

5. tc3jg thread starter macrumors member

I dont know if it does I didnt check as I never ran into this problem before I will just reinstall and see if it does and then use the uninstaller.

6. tc3jg thread starter macrumors member

It appears there is no tab in syncmate to uninstall.

7. tc3jg thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

So it turns out in the read me there is a link to an uninstaller package that you have to download once downloaded and ran dont freak out but it shuts down your mac and restarts and the program is gone.

8. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007