can't find application

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by bradpitch92, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bradpitch92 macrumors newbie

I was having troubles with my HP Photosmart C4780 printer and it wasn't connecting wirelessly to my network. I decided to uninstall my various HP applications like HP Utility and HP Setup Assistant (using the in-program uninstall) and then to download it again. Apparently with Mavericks (I upgraded from Snow Leopard about a month ago) you have to download it via a software update, so I did that. After it 'updated', the application is nowhere to be found. I can not find it searching in finder and even when I search 'HP Utility' nothing pops up, even though I know a backway to get into the application and I am able to open it up, I just can't open it the normal way. Anyone know what could have happened to my downloads?

Thanks
    Brad

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're using Apple's drivers then you don't get any of those apps you had when HP supplied the software.

To put it another way, HP included applications to help manage the printer along with the device drivers. Apple only supplies the device driver for the printer.

3. bradpitch92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh I see, well is there a way to download the HP setup assistant for Mavericks? Because I can't seem to find it anywhere

4. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

5. bradpitch92 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I'm looking for HP Setup Assistant so I can make my printer work again. When I go to print something this pops up.

[​IMG]

It's weird because I can print a test page from the HP Utility application, but I can print anything from like a word doc or pdf.