Can't find Boot Camp after installing Win7 x64!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TechnologyHurts, Jan 3, 2010.

1. TechnologyHurts macrumors newbie

So, I have a mid 2008 24" iMac (the one with the black plastic backing) with all the possible hardware upgrades available at the time. I recently upgraded Leopard to Snow Leopard, which went great, except it messed up Vista. So i deleted the partition and started over, only with 64 bit Win 7 (with a disc i bought from MS). Boot Camp 3.0 installed it just fine, except now that I'm running Win 7, Boot Camp is no where to be found so I can't access Snow Leopard in any way. I pop in the Snow Leopard disc and it simply says my computer model does not support x64 boot camp.

What do I do?!?!

also, the sound is too silent to be heard (unless i plug in external speakers, then i can just barely hear the sounds), the iSight doesn't work, and none of the Mac specific buttons on the keyboard function anymore.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Both topics have been discussed to death in other threads the volume one was updated in the past day or so and the driver issue just required manually installing the MSI files.

Search for BootCamp64.msi.

B

3. TechnologyHurts thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm not all that tech savy, so if i did see it i probably didn't realize it just passed right on by.
    Could you tell me how to fix it, or post a link to where i can find the steps to fix it?
    thanks

4. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Maybe this thread would help:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=780883

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. TechnologyHurts thread starter macrumors newbie

7. LOZER macrumors member

I did this and it worked for me. Open the fold instead of running it. Then double click on "Boot Camp". Then double click on "Drivers". Then double click on "Apple". Now, at the very bottom you will see "BootCamp64". Right click and select properties. Then select "Compatability" from the top. Then check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" It should say "Previous version of Windows". The double click on the BootCamp64 at the bottom and it should run the program no problem!

8. LOZER macrumors member

Oh, well never mind then. Glad you got it going. I just figured it out myself as well.:D