Can't Find Camera Roll Photos- Did I Backup Incorrectly?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NR92CP, May 26, 2012.

1. NR92CP macrumors newbie

Hi all, quick question for anybody who can help me out.

As I'm sure many of you did in the past day, I jailbroke my 4S running 5.1.1 last night. As per the suggestions for making everything run smoothly, I made an iTunes backup for my phone, and then I deleted all data and settings from my iPhone.

Upon completing the jailbreak, I right clicked on my device in the iTunes left-side bar, and restored from my backup. My SMSs, contacts, and settings were all properly restored, but my camera roll photos are nowhere to be found!

I've searched around on the subject, and haven't had any success. I was wondering if anybody here could give me some direction, or am I just entirely hosed?

Thanks in advance.

2. NR92CP thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Did you have Photo Stream turned on in the iCloud settings?

4. NR92CP, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012

NR92CP thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I didn't. But even now, when I go to my iPhone backup settings in iCloud, it's showing 2.5GB for the camera roll, which sounds about right for the photos I had before.

So it seems that the photos were backed up on iCloud, but not through photostream?

EDIT: Is my best bet clearing all data and settings and then restoring from iCloud backup upon activation?

5. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

You can try, but I don't see how that would change anything. I just upgraded to 5.1.1 yesterday and set up as a new device. My camera roll didn't download either. What I had in my photo stream did though. Maybe someone who knows more about iCloud and its workings can help you out.

----------

This might help you: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3820053?start=0&tstart=0