Can't find deleted emails

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by guy weaty, Nov 16, 2016.

1. guy weaty macrumors newbie

My device: iPhone 6s Plus

Question: I accidentally deleted my important emails through the mail app. I use gmail. I looked in the trash, refreshed it since yesterday, and I still can't find it in the trash. Where did they went? Please help

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Archive, junk, all mail.... one of those folders maybe?

3. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

Mmmm... I want to make a political joke so badly.

In all seriousness, did you move them to Trash and they're gone, or did you delete them from Trash?

4. Brandon Hobart macrumors member

Brandon Hobart

That's nothing to do with iPhone 6s+. It is all about Gmail. Search the trash again or check your Google settings... Maybe something is wrong with your email settings or so...

5. guy weaty thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to add the joke to the OP, but I thought no one is going to take me serious.

I checked the trash already, and no I didn't delete from trash. I just deleted an email from my inbox right now, and when I went back to the trash folder, there's nothing there.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 16, 2016 ---
    Could you possibly assist me with this?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 16, 2016 ---
    Where is the archive on the iPhone mail app?

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Sorry, my mistake, there is no archive folder in mail app. There is a separate function when you swipe left one mail message, so you get an option to archive it. But when you do that, the mail goes to all mail folder.

7. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

Is your Trash set to automatically delete after a certain amount of time?

Go to Settings > Mail > (Your Account) > Advanced. There is a setting to remove after one day/week/month.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can also try the Gmail app to see if that could make things easier to check or search for messages that might have been archived.

9. Brandon Hobart macrumors member

Brandon Hobart

Set your Trash to remove your email messages 60 days after they are deleted. This will help you recover your deleted emails.

10. guy weaty thread starter macrumors newbie

I absolutely can't find it anywhere... it's like they disappear to oblivion once I press delete without going to the trash folder.

Let me try to go on the web and check. I'll try to be hopeful.

11. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

Try all messages folder search for your lost emails or call Hillary she knows

12. guy weaty thread starter macrumors newbie

She deleted them and she doesn't know where they are. Maybe I should call the Russian hackers instead LOL

Joking aside, I'll try it tomorrow.

13. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

Ok i'm putting the joke in. I reeeeally think you should go work for her. You'd be the perfect IT manager for her servers.

14. guy weaty thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE: I found my emails in the "All Mail" section in the web client. The emails were simply removed from the inbox, and they were archived when I press delete in the mail app. Thank you to all who contributed.

To help those who have the same problem, here's an article showing how to move emails over to the trash folder instead of getting them archived (common issue for Gmail users):

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...o-delete-not-archive-gmail-messages-on-iphone