Can't find equalizer in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pureelite1, Nov 21, 2009.

1. pureelite1 macrumors member

I go to view and i don't see no show equalizer option. I would like to know where i can find the equalizer since i would like to change the settings. Could someone help i'm pretty sure it's a simple problem?

Attached Files:

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Check the Window menu. ;) Next time, you can use the Help menu search that will show you directly where the item you want is.

Attached Files:

• equ.gif
      equ.gif
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  3. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much, the screenshot helped a lot

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If your looking for a function in one application, there is a help menu, which lets you search for items that might be there.
    The screen shot by apfhex shows you this.
    Press CMD+ALT/OPTION+2 to open the equalizer, or go to iTunes > Menu Bar > Windows > Equalizer

Also check out this: http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/

EDIT: something changed obviously while I wrote my post.

5. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

Yes thank you, before i had no idea what he was talking about. But after his screenshot i saw that the equalizer was in the windows menu

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, added a screenshot to my post. :)

Something I want to touch on, and this isn't directed at the OP but in general, it's worth taking the time to learn how your computer functions and explore what options are available in programs instead of using excuses like "I'm new to Macs" or "computers are too complicated" like a lot of people do. I think once people get out of that mindset they can learn a lot.

Of course there are sometimes situations where an item can be placed in a bizarre spot. I know I've gone to the "View" menu enough times expecting something to be there, when it's in a totally different location (and the Help search doesn't... help, if you don't know exactly what the menu item is called).