Cant find Erase Option to clean + install Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SD-B, Aug 6, 2009.

1. SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

Macbook

not sure what OSX it was as I just bought this second hand
    the guy didnt have an install disc but that was ok for I had a Leopard disc I wanted to upgrade to anyhow

I have tried numerous times to restart the PC with the Leopard disc in my DVD drive and it comes up, after I press C upon reboot, but no matter what I try I cannot get the erase and install option to ever show up

i believe I have mistakenly installed Leopard over whatever OSX was here before as i am showing OSX VERSION 10.6 bt I MUST have a clean install so I have no choice but to erase he drive first

This computer is 2007 so its not one of the ones affected where you need to press D to get there, although I tried that as well.

I have tried setting the DVD so t will reboot from that but still no erase options at all

Ive been at this many hours now and no longer know what to do

I even tried going past the agree screens where I was told I would then be able to press on Disc UTILITY but I cant do that either.

I dont know what else to do?
    Any ideas please???

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm not sure if I understand you completely, as much of what you have written is incomprehensible for me.

To get to the option to Erase & Install with your installation DVD, do the following: http://macs.about.com/od/leopard105/ss/installleopard.htm

via http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ult&cd=1&q=mac+os+x+erase+and+install&spell=1

Also Mac OS 10.4.x is Tiger, released in 2005.
    Mac OS 10.5.x is Leopard, released in October 2007.
    Mac OS 10.6 is Snow Leopard, not released yet, but due in September 2009.

If you have 10.6, you have a Beta copy of Mac OS X, which you should not have, as it is only available to developers.

3. zombieflanders macrumors member

4. Jisuo macrumors 6502

If the Leopard DVD is gray it will only work with the model it was shipped with.