Can't find iPhoto on G5?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cjpins, Oct 30, 2014.

1. cjpins macrumors newbie

Hi

Can't find iPhoto on a used imac g5 that I have just picked up cheap. I have searched in spotlight but not found. Didn't know if it's been buried in it somewhere I can get it back from?

Or is there anywhere I can download iPhoto for free?

2. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

You will need to find the iLife DVD if you have one.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

^^^This.

iPhoto is not a stock app. It's part of iLife and if the previous owner never bought iLife or just never installed it, it's not on the Mac.

4. weckart macrumors 68040

It used to be a free download, much like iMovie until they got bundled into iLife.

All the Apple updates for older releases prior to its move to the Mac App store can be found here

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#iphoto

Try your luck. One of the updates may be fully functioning without a prior installation.

5. CYB3RBYTE macrumors regular

CYB3RBYTE

You can generally find iLife 09' for pretty cheap on Ebay and places like that. And because you have a G5, you can also use iMovie 09', which only Intel and higher spec G5 machines can use without any modification.

6. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

10.3 Panther was the last version of Mac OS X to include iPhoto as part of the OS.

7. weckart macrumors 68040

A propos of that, I was pretty pleased to land this for very little the other day. Best chances are with items that don't finish on a Sunday.

Attached Files:

• lep.jpg
      lep.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  8. tampasteve macrumors 6502

^^^This

One can get iLife for a couple of bucks on Amazon. I bought it about 6 months ago for something like $5 + $3 shipping. It looks like it is going for about $3 for '08 and $20 for '09 right now on Amazon.