Can't find iPod app

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Brenny, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Brenny macrumors newbie

After installing Ios5 I can't find my iPod app on my ipad2. I downloaded several podcasts and now I can't find them to listen to them. Any help will be much appreciated

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

They split it up under Videos and Music apps. This is the worst thing they did in its 5 IMO. I'm an avid iPod listener and watcher and it drives me crazy having to use 2 apps.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

The iPod app has been replaced by the music app with the music note in the icon. It's essentially the same app. If you open that there should be a section for podcasts in there.

----------

I don't agree with that. I prefer the two separate apps. Besides it brings the iPhone in line with the iPad and I presume also the iPod Touch which already had separate apps.

4. Deschain macrumors member

It absolutely isn't essentially the same app. It's the same app with all the useful functionality stripped out, especially when it comes podcasts and audiobooks. It's a broken app.

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Well it's terrible for podcast listeners who have to switch between 2 different apps to watch/listen to podcasts. I wouldn't mind if they just had the podcasts under one app. With the separation of the apps, podcasts can't be watched in portrait mode. I also can not figure out how to get the descriptions to show again. I understand that it's inline with the iPod Touch's but it's just inconvenient.