Can't find mobilesync folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by layarbrough93, Mar 29, 2012.

1. layarbrough93 macrumors newbie

I know I saw this on another thread, but it was several years old and it didn't help me any...

When I go through "User/XXX/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/" I cannot find the mobilesync folder. If I post a screenshot link of my application support folder through imgur, can someone PLEASE explain to me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/RRrsX

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

That's the directory that I think it should be in on Windows 7. I'm all Mac here though, so I can't be sure.

3. layarbrough93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on a late 2006 macbook using the latest update on lion. It's not windows 7.

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Ah sorry, my mistake.

Essentially though, in Lion, Apple hid the User Library.

In the finder, click GO -> GO To Folder

Type "~/Library" (without the quotes) into the textbox. Click GO. Now you should be in your User Library

Open the Application Support folder

Scroll down to the MobileSync folder

5. Craig Gerlock macrumors newbie

Path to the library on a Windows Vista Machine

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync

Factory settings on an Acer machine replaced would have referred to xxx as "ACER VALUED CUSTOMER".

6. DJV8R macrumors newbie

Just had this problem (09/18/2015) and finally figured it out...realize this is an old thread but figured I would post my findings anyway.

In searching for the MobileSync folder, I found a Library folder on my drive that had an Application Support folder but no MobileSync folder after this. In error, I was going to Finder -> Devices -> "My device"...says my user name -> Clicked on my hard drive -> Library -> Application Support -> NO MOBILESYNC Folder found. I figured out that I was going to the wrong library folder. In order to find MobileSync, you go to the following:

Open Finder. Click on the House Icon on the left side (should say User or maybe your name). Will see folders to the right now but probably do not see the Library folder. Position mouse at the bottom of the folders (blue color) to the right and right click (or click with two fingers on your MacBook pro). Choose "Show View Options". Checkmark the "Show Library Folder"...I think the default is that this is not checkmarked...at least it was for me. Close the "Show View Options" window. Now you should see the Library folder where the folders were when you right clicked. Now go to this Library folder -> Application Support -> MobileSync. DONE!

John

7. machella93 macrumors newbie

machella93

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!