Can't find my display resolution

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheBonk, Jun 11, 2010.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

My dad messed with my Macbook somehow, and now my display resolution isn't right. I can't find the resolution I was using (1280x800) in System Preferences. The resolution options are also different than before. I don't recall ever seeing them measured in Hz. Anyone know a quick fix for this?

EDIT: Apparently, the color profile I was using is also missing from System Preferences. (Color LCD)

Attached Files:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

See if you can set your resolution in Safe Boot, or if that doesn't work, reset your PRAM and then see if the display resolution options are back to normal. Also I assume you already checked for this but you don't have an external monitor connected or anything connected to the video out port right?

3. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Thanks for the links. I tried doing a Safe Boot, but then my display went out of whack, flickering so much that I couldn't see what I was doing. I tried replacing the hard drive with an old drive I had that also has OS X on it. Display was fine on that. Then I put my regular hard drive back in and now the display seems to be working fine. The resolution options and color profile are back to normal. I'm not quite sure how switching hard drives a few times fixed it though.