Can't find my iPhone (Find friends, location serv. probs)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by orr971, Sep 28, 2013.

1. orr971 macrumors member

orr971

Hello!
    Well, I wrote abote this like a week ago but I kind of forgot about the thread and I can't find it now.

So, I have a problem with my Location Services. My iPhone 5 can't be located in "Find Friends".
    I checked in the settings, and I've alredy aprooved this app to get my current location but for some reason when somebody tries to find me, it says "Location Unavailable".

I thought I lost my iPhone the other dat and it was very stressful not being able to loacate it that way. (In the end I found it in another way, long story..).

So, what should I do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

4. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

Still doesnt work. I read the tips in the Help>TroubleShooting of the app and all things are alright. I can't be found.

I looked in the Account settings and saw this "Active Device" thing. I have my "Orr's iPhone 5" and I have "OK". I dont know what is this OK. I tried both. Nothing works.

What should I do?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Settings/privacy/location services.
    Make sure that apps location service are on.

6. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

Yeah yeah I told you I already checked those tiny little settings. Now it still doesnt work.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's weird.
    Only other thing I would suggest is restore and setup as new.
    Sounds like a software bug.

8. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

It was like that in iOS6 too.. When i downloaded iOS7 I thought it would change but it didnt.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Were you using the same backup file before and used that one for iOS 7?
    There's not more I can think of.
    Setup as new and test it out. Then restore from backup and if its still the same then you know what's up.

10. burritolove macrumors member

so i updated my ip5 to ios7 and my wifes 4s is still on ios6, i have background refresh enables and all the locations setting allowed for both of us. i can successfully send her an invite to track and i can see her, she sends me an invite and i get the email to my gmail account notifying me but her invites do not come to the app. any ideas?

11. orr971 thread starter macrumors member

orr971

What? Disnt get it. Like set my iPhone as new and try and then restore from backup? But lets say it will work.. Then what? It still doenst work on my current iPhone and I want it to.