Can't find my screenshots

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by wesk702, Oct 14, 2014.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Everytime I use screenshot, the crosshairs comes out and looks and sounds like it takes a pic, but I have no idea where the pictures are going.

I tried a few terminal commands to restore to the original screenshot settings, but still no dice. Any ideas?

2. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Open a Finder window. Search for files matching the name "Screen Shot" (with the space).

Turn on the Path Bar in the View menu if you want to find out where a file is when you highlight it.

3. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Mine default to the Desktop.
    Also noticed another bug in PB6, check out the spelling of Screen Shot...

Attached Files:

4. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Thanks for the help, but I found out what was going on after some tinkering. It turns out the in my Mx Revolution's setting, screenshots were set to save to clipboard instead of folder location.

5. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Scrennshot? Is that screenshot in a different language, or are we seeing Apple's new standard of "quality control" at work?

6. honeysuckle macrumors newbie

Location of screenshots

If you go to Finder and then look in Desktop that worked for me.

Why Apple doesn't bother to review the posts it gets to the 'Support forum' and then try to provide answers just makes me wonder about the interest they have in users (who've usually paid large sums for their equipment, of course)

HOpefully macrumours will provide the information i need as someone persuaded into the Apple lifestyle

7. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

DropBox has a way of usurping your screen shots.
    Do you have a DropBox folder, if so check in there for a Screen shot folder.

8. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

I found the culprit. It was my MX revo mouse snatching them up and placing them in clipboard. Thanks for helping though.

9. taltenberg macrumors newbie

Can't find screenshots

I'm now having the same problem. Used terminal to confirm desktop is location they're supposed to be going, but the latest screenshots there are ones I created last week. Today's are nowhere to be found. A search for all .png does not find them; a search for "Screen Shot" does not find them. It seems as if cmd-chist-4 is doing everything it should except actually saving a file... Any suggestions?

10. Bomb Bloke macrumors regular

Bomb Bloke

This often means the permissions on your desktop folder are incorrect. Do you ever get prompted to enter a password when dragging things there, or other problems when saving things there?

If a Ctrl key is held down then the screenshots will go to your clipboard, not to the desktop. Make sure you don't have a stuck button.

11. thunderboltmac macrumors member

thunderboltmac

I had that problem for awhile LOL :D