cant find printer driver. this is getting frustrating

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigjnyc, May 5, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

i cant find the driver for my HP PSC 1350 printer when connecting it via AEBS. when i connect it via USB it just works. when i connect it via AEBS i go to add printer and its there on the list but it asks me to choose a driver, i go through the list and its not there. i tried downloading the driver from the HP website and it still didnt show up on the list. i tried using similar drivers but it didnt work. :confused: this is very frustrating because a big part of the reason why i bought the AEBS was for wireless printer sharing.

2. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

anybody? is there something i have to do after installing the drivers from HP?

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

In the printer drop-down list see if there is a separate entry for an HP Bonjour printer. If so, you will need to select it (and make it the default printer).

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

yeah i did that, it shows me the bonjour printer and i made it my default. but when i try printing something to it nothing happens because i dont have the driver set up. when going to preferences > printer & fax and trying to add the printer it comes up in the list as the bonjour printer but then the driver for it is not available in the list of drivers. even though its there when directly connecting the printer via usb to the computer.