Can't find some of the Apps on Installer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by RndmPplPrsn, May 10, 2008.

1. RndmPplPrsn macrumors newbie

Are all installers the same, do they all gice you the same access to the same apps. I used ZiPhone. Also If I can't find it is my only other option to use my comp in strange ways to get it on my PC, yes its not a Mac.

2. Drucifer macrumors regular

I was a bit confused about using the Installer too. What you need to do is actually add sources to the installer then when the lists refreshes you will have new applications added that were made available by the source you just added.

3. RndmPplPrsn thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok,

So your saying that I need to find the makers/suppliers and add the web links on my iPod right.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

every jailbreak uses the same installer, the apps only appear when you tell installer the repository url they are on.

easiest method for you would be to signup to http://iappcat.com/ dont worry its free.

search for the apps you want check the box next to the apps and then when you have what your looking for, at the top of the page there will be a link called repo

[​IMG]

make note of that link, now go to settings and fill in a category so you can easily find your stuff in the box next to Common category then add the link to installer via sources --> edit --> add and when it refreshes (in theory) you should have your apps under the catergory you chose in settings

5. RndmPplPrsn thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not quite working for me. Can you explain it better?

6. Drucifer macrumors regular

Wow, never heard of this site before but it is great.

Basically what you do is register on the site. Then you use the site to search for applications. For example lets search for the game iZoo. You will probably get lots of results all from different resourses that are available. I will pick the first one by checking the box. The site will then add it to my list of applications.

Go to settings near the top under where it says iAppCat. On the settings page use your username and type a name that you would like to appear in the Installer for the Catagory for your applications. For example I used Drucifer.

So now all you need to do is find the link for your account on the iAppCat site. Just hover the mouse over repo close to where you picked settings and get your link. If you still can't find it just right click on repo and select Properties and then you can find your link where it says address.

Once you have the URL for your applications from the site just open up the Installer application on the iPod and near the botton select Sources. Then select Edit up to on the right, then add on the left and type the address you got earlier.

Once you are done let it refresh and go to Install at the botton then in the Catagories you should find the one you created in the settings option on the iAppCat site. Then all the applications you added to the site will be available right there in the Installer.

Thanks for the link.