Can't find this model #

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vpr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. vpr macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm currently in China and am thinking about buying a Macbook. I'm currently in Wuhan, Hubei and the official Apple store is in Beijing. I don't have the time to go to Beijing (or Hong Kong), so I have no choice but to go to a reseller. Wuhan is known to have a lot of fake products, so I'm a little concerned.

They have a Macbook MC240CH/A which is the White model that they're asking 7500RMB for [about 1,097.79 USD] it. The specs are:
    2.13GHz C2D
    2GB Ram
    160GB HD
    Nvidia 9400​

Whenever I do a google search on MC240CH/A - I only get some Chinese sites. Should I be warry?

2. pjgeer macrumors member

North American English keyboard units will have LL/A endings, French Canadian keyboard models have a C/A ending. Perhaps the CH/A indicated that the unit has a keyboard directed at China. I am sure that there are endings for Spanish keyboards and other languages as well, as I have ordered Arabic and Korean keyboards for my service department.

Should you be wary? Depends on what language you require from your keyboard.
    Pj

3. vpr thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's a hotlink to a pic of the keyboard off a Chinese site -- Can you spot any differences?

[​IMG]

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Looks like a US version. Maybe they are using a stock photo? Can you ask for actual images of the Macbook?

I'd be extremely cautious of any site that has been known to fraud in the past....

That's the $999US model, even cheaper refurbished too.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I don't know about that part number. The correct part number should be MC240ZP/A. I tried to look up the number you provided but couldn't find anything accurate.

EDIT: I actually found that MC240CH/A on Amazon. I guess it's legit even if Apple has a different number on their website?

6. vpr thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's not a site -- it's a retail location. I just pulled the picture off a site for demonstration.

I confirmed that the part number is "240CH/A"

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That part number should be ok. Like I said, I found it on a chinese Amazon site so that should be legit.

8. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Could you check the serial number on Apple's site or here to see if it comes up as something legit.