Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
This sounds really dumb, but for the life of me I cannot find any Windows 10 boot camp drivers. With Google all I can find to download from Apple is Windows 7 and 8. Does anyone know where the recent iMac drivers are for Windows 10?

emjaymert

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
when I boot camped my mac about 6 months ago..Bootcamp was not supporting Windows10,Go for Windows 8 and do NOT use the free upgrade to 10 as it won 't work.( at least mine doesn't) The upgrade to 10 will happen but full functionality will NOT occur.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's a link that has various boot camp drivers

I don't know if it includes the 2015 iMac, if I were a betting man, I'd say Apple didn't develop any boot camp windows 7 or 8 drivers for the 2015 iMac since Windows 10 was current. Apple tends to only support the latest version of an operating system.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Here's a link that has various boot camp drivers

I don't know if it includes the 2015 iMac, if I were a betting man, I'd say Apple didn't develop any boot camp windows 7 or 8 drivers for the 2015 iMac since Windows 10 was current. Apple tends to only support the latest version of an operating system.

I found that link too, but the downloads are all for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. That's what is frustrating me--it's easy to find everything except the version I'm looking for, Windows 10. It's bizarre!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
To download the latest set of drivers open up the bootcamp assistant and then select the action menu
Capto_Capture 2016-12-27_07-15-39_AM.png

I thought you were looking for windows 7 or 8 for the iMac, sorry for the confusion.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
To download the latest set of drivers open up the bootcamp assistant and then select the action menu
View attachment 680199

I thought you were looking for windows 7 or 8 for the iMac, sorry for the confusion.

I am the one who should apologize, you keep helping me but I've not provided all of the required information. I thought there would be a simple download link somewhere, but from your last post I realize that I cannot find it because at some point Apple changed how the drivers are downloaded.

I have a 2010 Mac Pro with an iMac Wi-Fi/BT combo card installed so that I could upgrade to Wi-Fi AC and Bluetooth 4. It works great in OS X because the drivers are built-in.

However, I cannot get it working in Windows 10 at all because I cannot find the Windows 10 iMac BootCamp drivers for download. I cannot use the BootCamp Assistant method because it downloads the "correct" drivers for my computer, which is a Mac Pro.

I have found OEM Windows Broadcom drivers for this card, but they don't work because the Apple version of this card for iMac has a specific hardware ID that the OEM drivers don't recognize.

So somehow I need to get Apple's Win10 Broadcom drivers so I can use the iMac card in my Mac Pro in Windows 10. But it seems Apple only provides Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 drivers for direct download. For Windows 10 I am accidentally blocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.