Can't Find XP on my list of Virtual Machines

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bradenjosephson, Feb 17, 2008.

1. bradenjosephson macrumors newbie

I had to restore my HD from the time machine feature to 6 hours earlier yesterday. Everything works fine on the MAC side, however, when I clicked on the VMware Fusion link down from the dock, there was no XP listed under virtual machines. I can't get to the XP side and worse, I am afraid I lost all of the data too. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do have original xp disks but am afraid to load them on.

Need Help!

2. Jonathan_W macrumors member

There should be a folder called "Virtual Machines" in your Documents folder. Drag your Windows XP virtual machine from the Virtual Machines folder into VMware Fusion's Virtual Machine Library (the window you see when VMware Fusion opens) :)

3. bradenjosephson thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go to the Virtual Machines folder in my Documents and click, there is nothing there.

4. Jonathan_W macrumors member

You could try connecting the HDD you used for Time Machine to search for any backups of your Virtual Machines? :)

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

did you have that folder set to be excluded in your time machine preferences?

6. bradenjosephson thread starter macrumors newbie