Can't fix error 1015

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by techdummynz, Mar 15, 2011.

1. techdummynz macrumors newbie

HELP!!!! bought a iphone 3GS off ebay, seller didn't mention if it was jailbroken or not, clicked upgrade in itunes when prompted a couple of days ago and now phone is stuck in recovery mode. have tried to restore it many times to 4.2.1 and lower didn't work, just keeps coming up with error 1015
    have tried recboot, tiny umbrella, irecovery and it switches off like it's rebooting but then goes back to recovery mode. I don't know much about tech stuff, I have spent hours finding out what little info I already know. I have watched videos on you tube and everything I can think of. Went to apple, phone is out of warranty and they want to charge me over $100 to fix it, is this my only solution?
    can someone give me any other solutions?????????? that are easy and that a dummy like me will understand
    PLEASE!!! Thanks

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itune...4-3gs-successfully-on-ios-4.0.1-how-to-guide/

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-error-1013-when-updating-iphone-4-to-ios-4.2.1/

Google is your friend and I always use redmondpie for my 'solutions' they have not filed thus far.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You can't restore iPhone 3GS to 4.2.1 or lower firmware because Apple stops signing those. The only way you can do now is to restore it to 4.3 firmware.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can you restore to the latest 4.3 thru itunes or you still get an error?
    Maybe the seller had JB and installed the ipad BB. If that's the case you will not be able to restore it thru itunes any more.
    You will have to restore to custom IPSW created with pwnage and by puttint the phone in Pwned DFU mode and then restoring to the JB 4.2.1 IPSW assuming the phone has 4.2.1 shsh blobs saved on Cydia with either TU TSS server running in the back or hosts redirects pointing to Cydia.
    Run Tinyumbrella to find out what shsh's you have available on file.

5. techdummynz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks will give those links ago. I have spent sooooo many hours on google already I don't know where to look anymore.
    to @applejuice, sorry but I don't understand what you are saying, I am a not skilled in the ways of technologies but thanks for you reply