Can't fix home button. need a schematic of itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hodag, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hodag, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

Hodag macrumors newbie

I have an 1 gen itouch. This is an eBay purchase. The digitizer is replaced and the glass is just sitting in the frame. I can pull it out and I find the home button's button just sitting there with no clicking action at all. The button is just sitting in the notched out spot. Below the button is the disc glued to the button, and this all sits on top of the board with the two copper rings on it.

My million dollar question: Is there suppose to be something between the button and the board? What makes it click? I have looked for hours online for a schematic or a photo showing the break down of this section. No where on the web did I find it, or anyone with this kind of problem or asking about. I am now well versed in the power/home button reset. Once the button is working correctly, I will continue to the reset step.

Any help in this, would be greatly accepted.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There should be a silver disk under it that makes the connection and click.

3. Hodag thread starter macrumors newbie

Silver disc is glued to the bottom of the button, but it does nothing. Disc is held in place by frame so you can press it. Hole on digitizer is large enough for the button to move freely in it. So that is not jamming it up. anything else?