Cant force myself to get Series3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chiefs1968, Sep 23, 2017.

1. chiefs1968 macrumors regular

Not sure if anyone in this forum has the same dilemma I am currently going through, I currently have the series 2 42mm stainless steel and I love to get the new series 3 BUT when I break it down all I am getting is LTE (I use wifi calling everywhere), sensor with Barometric altimeter, Siri talks and a faster processor (my S2 is fast)...will stick with my Series 2.....I did order series 3 from bestbuy then cancelled order.

2. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I agree Chiefs, I don’t need LTE and series 2 is really fast.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Having Siri respond over the speaker was worth the upgrade to me. Watch is notably faster.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I cancelled my S3 LTE order because as I mulled over what am I getting for the 455 dollars (aw + tax), I couldn't justify it. What helped push me over to cancel was the what I was concerned about. Long term usage of the LTE would have a negative effect on the battery, so I'd be looking to keep my apple watch and phone together. Secondly, I've not really been in situations where I missed notifications, calls, or texts because I had just my AW and no phone.

I'm sure the S3 is a nice step up from the S0 and I may take the plunge on that, but right now I'm hesitant to spend the money.

5. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Do what is best for you... I upgrade to a S3 from a S0. So it's not like I can knock your decision to wait one year... Besides, I have found (at least with iPhones) that rarely are the yearly upgrades (I have had everyone from the original on release day to the 6S) that exciting. When you skip a year or two... the updates are much more pronounced. So Series 4 will be that much more fun for you.

6. profets macrumors 601

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer wrt upgrading from Series 2 to 3, much more a personal preference.

Improvements:
    -cellular
    -altimeter
    -CPU/speed improvement
    -Siri speaks

I have a Series 2 and got a Series 3 on friday. Cellular was a big reason for me (though the other new features I like quite a bit too). Series 2 felt like a big speed increase but I’m surprised how its even quicker with the Series 3. Anyway, been having trouble with my carrier trying to get cellular working. I’m getting to the point that if I can’t get it going I’m going to return it and stick with the Series 2 until next year.