Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pazoozoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
I've been trying to format a macbook pro with the mac os x 10.4.11. I insert the installer disk but it doesn't read it. It just ejects it after a while. I restarted it and hold C but it just ejected it again and nothing happens. I also tried holding the option button as it started up but it ejected it once again and then only the HD icon shows up. It is the disk that came with the macbook so i don't understand why it doesn't work so i would appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

pazoozoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
macbook pro 15" with 2.16 GHz intel core duo. It's about a model with about 3 years or so

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Perhaps the system disk is scratched/unreadable. Did you check to see if there's any visible defects.

Given the low price of Snow Leopard, it could hurt to pick up a copy and see if that disc boots up. You'll discover two things, one, its not your computer causing the problem and two, you get to upgrade to Snow Leopard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.